Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video What's next?, part of V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Essential Training.
- Although we have come to the end…of our V-Ray 3 for 3ds Max Essential Training course,…your education as a render artist clearly doesn't stop here.…Lynda.com offers lots of great 3ds Max…lighting and rendering courses,…that can help you continue to grow…your lighting and texturing skills.…Courses such as Rendering Interiors in 3ds Max,…from author Adam Crespi,…Mastering UVW Mapping in 3ds Max,…and Rendering for Compositing in 3ds Max,…by author Joel Bradley,…and of course, my own V-Ray and Mental Ray courses…that cover not only the 3ds Max application,…but also SketchUp and Maya as well.…
On top of those there are more loosely related courses,…such as Ben Long's excellent…Foundations of Photography series,…that can really help artists master controls found,…for instance, on the V-Ray physical camera,…by learning how to use their real-world counterparts.…The exposure, composition, and lenses courses…are particular favorites of mine.…There are, of course, also some…great online communities out there,…places where people are willing to help each other…
- Using the new UI elements, Quick Settings, and revamped Frame Buffer
- Understanding color mapping modes
- Adding V-Ray light types
- Working with the V-Ray Sun and Sky systems and dome light
- Using irradiance mapping and light cache
- Working with diffuse color maps
- Making reflective materials
- Creating a translucency effect
- Using the new SSS and skin shaders
- Ensuring quality with image sampling
- Working with the adaptive subdivision engine
- Controlling the physical camera
- Working with FX tools such as VRayFur and VRayMetaball
- Stereoscopic 3D rendering
- Using Render Mask
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 02/02/2016. What changed?
A: We added tutorials on the new 3ds Max camera tool, which replaces the defunct V-Ray Physical Camera. The author also includes a method for creating a V-Ray camera via scripting.
SketchUp: Rendering with V-Ray 3with Brian Bradley4h 15m Intermediate
V-Ray: Control Color Bleed in SketchUpwith Brian Bradley1h 2m Intermediate
Introduction and Important Information
1. Getting Ready to Render with V-Ray
2. Key Lighting Tools
3. Global Illumination
4. V-Ray Materials and Maps
5. Quality Control with Image Sampling
6. Working with Cameras: The V-Ray Physical Camera
7. Working with Cameras: V-Ray 3 & the 3ds Max Physical Camera
8. The V-Ray FX Tools
What's next?1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.