Join Zaheer Mukhtar for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of 3ds Max: Stylized Environment for Animation.
- [Instructor] As we go through this course I will try my best to explain everything in depth and clarify any confusions you may have, but I will assume that you do have at least some basic knowledge of 3ds Max. If you're not familiar with V-Ray I will be explaining its setup and use briefly in this tutorial. I will also assume that you do have some basic knowledge of the Adobe Photoshop interface, and should be able to perform some basic operations in it. Although I will be creating my final textures in Quixel Suite DDO, but I assure you that you can follow me until the end of this course without even using DDO, and instead rely on other techniques of creating textures in Photoshop, which I will be explaining in this tutorial as well.
First, Zaheer explores artistic ways to block out the basic forms of your structure, such as using exaggerated proportions and irregular, tilted shapes. Next, he shows how to add details to the forms. Then he demonstrates how to add the more stylized elements including textures, imported materials, color refinements, and lighting. He wraps up the course by wrapping up the workflow, making final render passes and preparing the scene for export. Along the way, he covers art creation, modeling, compositing, and more.
- Exploring the elements of stylization
- Analyzing a reference image
- Blocking out basic shapes
- Reshaping forms
- Creating details
- Creating stylized elements
- Creating materials in 3ds Max
- Color correcting materials
- Preparing materials for export
- Importing elements into a scene
- Adding lights to a scene
- Setting up V-Ray Renderer
- Fixing issues with renders and lights
- Compositing render passes in Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Blocking Out Basic Shapes
2. Adding Details to Basic Shapes
3. Creating Stylized Details
4. Creating Textures, Exporting, and Rendering
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.