Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Cert Prep: 3ds Max Certified Professional.
- [Instructor] So, what do you need to know before taking this course? Well to put it simply, you'd need to know 3ds Max. Now don't think you can watch this course and just get certified. Like any skill, being a 3ds Max professional requires a bit of practice. Autodesk recommends 400 hours of experience before taking the exam. Now if you don't have that level of experience, we can always help you practice. If you want more experience, I'd suggest browsing our library for a project-based course or two in 3ds Max.
Do a couple of these projects to understand the software and then when you feel ready, go ahead and prep for the test. Now this is a prep course so it is not designed to fully teach 3ds Max. Rather, it is a review for those who already know Max and want to make sure they're up to speed before getting certified.
This course isn't designed to teach you the basics, but to help you refresh your 3ds Max skills and prepare for the exam topics. Once you're finished with the course, you can feel confident taking the 3ds Max Certified Professional exam.
- What is 3ds Max certification?
- Importing data
- Using scenes
- Configuring viewports
- Transforming, duplicating, and cloning objects
- Polygonal modeling
- Editing splines
- Setting up cameras and lighting
- Working with materials
- Rendering scenes
- Animating models
- Rigging characters
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/01/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: working with camera settings and FOV, understanding standard light types, using the Slate Material Editor, understanding standard materials, understanding Arnold materials, and assigning 3ds Max renderers.
1. Certification Basics
Using the Certiport website1m 27s
2. Fundamental 3ds Max Skills
3. Modeling Tools in 3ds Max
4. Cameras and Lighting
5. Materials and Shading
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.