Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Game Art: Model & UV Map a Low Poly Character.
- [Instructor] As we work through this 3ds Max modeling course together, I am going to work at keeping you informed as regards to locations and keyboard shortcuts that I access and make use of. I will, to a certain extent though, be working with the assumption that you have a basic working knowledge of the 3ds Max application. Meaning you are familiar with the general user interface layout, as well as understanding how to perform everyday tasks inside the application. If you are new to 3ds Max then I would recommend that you check out some of the great learning titles already found here, on lynda.com.
- Gamma and scale
- Setting up a scene
- Creation and shaping
- Using symmetry modifiers
- UV mapping
- Using guide objects
- Detailing and finishing
- Refining a model
- Prepping a model
- Exporting a model
- Fixing issues
- Normal map baking
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Appropriate for all
1. Modeling and Unwrapping the Drive Wheel Assembly
2. Building and UV Mapping the Wheels and Tread
3. Creating and Mapping the Head
4. Modeling and UV Mapping the Piston Assembly
5. Final Modeling, FBX Export, and Normal Map Baking
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.