Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Game Asset Creation: Stylized Wooden Crate.
- As we work through this course together I'm going to do my best to keep you in the loop in regards to locations and keyboard shortcuts as I access and make use of them. I will to some extent, though, be working with the assumption that you have at least a basic working knowledge of not only 3ds Max but also Substance Designer and the Unreal Engine. Meaning that you are familiar with their general user interface layouts as well as understanding how to perform everyday tasks inside the applications.
If you are new to 3ds Max then I would recommend that you check out some of the great titles already found here on Lynda.com. Perhaps focusing initially on the Essential Training titles. If UVW Mapping in 3ds Max is something that you need to get up to speed on then you can check out my Mastering UVW Mapping in 3ds Max title. And for newcomers to Substance Designer itself, I have produced an Up and Running with Substance Designer course that amongst other things, shows us how to export a Substance package that can then be used in applications such as Unreal.
- Modeling the wood frame
- Adding structural reinforcements
- Creating nails with primitives
- Unwrapping the wood and nails
- Combining UV elements
- Exporting the FBX file
- Creating the shader in Substance Designer
- Simulating weathering and edge wear
- Importing the mesh in Unreal Engine
- Applying the substance
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2013 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross7h 9m Beginner
Getting Started with CAT Rigging Tools in 3ds Maxwith Joel Bradley2h 33m Intermediate
Modeling a Character in 3ds Maxwith Ryan Kittleson4h 31m Intermediate
1. Modeling the Wood
2. Nailing It All Together
3. Unwrapping & Exporting Geometry
4. Creating the Shader
5. Bringing It All Together in Unreal Engine 4
Importing the mesh3m 5s
What next?1m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.