Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video What the color mapping modes do, part of V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Having taken a look at some of the lesser-used controls…that can be found in V-Ray's color mapping options,…time, in this exercise, for us to take a look…at how the various color mapping modes available…in the type drop down actually affect the color values…that are being produced in our final rendered images.…Now for the sack of speed we are, in this video,…going to be making use of some pre-rendered images…that have been opened up in the V-Ray frame buffer window…and then saved to the history list.…All of which you of course have access to…in the render output folder of your Exercise Files download.…
These just help us make an examination of the differences…that each color mapping mode brings to the table.…To help even more with that, we will in fact be looking…at our images here with the display colors…in sRGB space button in the V-Ray…frame buffer window turned off.…In other words, we're going to be looking…at the actual linear renders originally produced by V-Ray.…With the default of Reinhard set then,…
- Using the new UI elements, Quick Settings, and revamped Frame Buffer
- Understanding color mapping modes
- Adding V-Ray light types
- Working with the V-Ray Sun and Sky systems and dome light
- Using irradiance mapping and light cache
- Working with diffuse color maps
- Making reflective materials
- Creating a translucency effect
- Using the new SSS and skin shaders
- Ensuring quality with image sampling
- Working with the adaptive subdivision engine
- Controlling the physical camera
- Working with FX tools such as VRayFur and VRayMetaball
- Stereoscopic 3D rendering
- Using Render Mask
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2013 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross7h 9m Beginner
Introduction and Important Information
1. Getting Ready to Render with V-Ray
2. Key Lighting Tools
3. Global Illumination
4. V-Ray Materials and Maps
5. Quality Control with Image Sampling
6. Working with Cameras
The V-Ray Physical Camera
V-Ray 3 & the 3ds Max Physical Camera
7. The V-Ray FX Tools
What's next?1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.