Combine vertices with Weld.
- [Instructor] Welding, or combining vertices,…is a very important step in polygon modeling,…especially in situations such as this.…I reflected, or mirrored, an object,…and then attached the two parts together to a single object,…but they're still disconnected.…They're two separate elements.…I'll select the chair base leg object,…go into the Modify panel, and in Element Subobject mode,…I can select either half, and this just shows that…they're actually disconnected.…
If I wanted, I could grab the move tool…and demonstrate that they're not actually combined…or welded.…I'll undo that, exit out of Subobject mode,…and I want to weld the seam.…I can do that either in Vertex or Edge Subobject mode.…Let's go into Vertex Subobject,…and all the vertices are selected right now.…I could select all vertices and weld them all…to the neighbors, or I could just select the seam…if I wish.…
I'm just going to select the seam,…and I'll do that in the top view.…Get in a bit closer, and drag a rectangle around…all of the center vertices, and if you select too many,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.