3ds Max features advanced tools for realistic cinematography. Learn professional techniques of camera animation and special effects using the powerful 3D camera tools.
- [Aaron] Hi, my name is Aaron F. Ross, and I'd like to welcome you to this course on 3DS Max Cinematography. In this course, we focus on camera operation for visualization and motion pictures. Our main topics are rigging, animation, and special effects. Camera animation is an area of study that's often overlooked in 3D, but it's vital to the success of any movie or presentation. Throughout the course, you'll learn best practices, both technical and aesthetic, for visually appealing camera movement.
You'll see how CGI camera operation is informed by live-action photography, while transcending the limitations of the real world. The course also includes tips and tricks to enhance productivity in the interactive viewport. We conclude by exploring a few creative special effects such as isometric rendering, depth of field, and motion blur. It's time for lights, camera, action, in this course on 3DS Max Cinematography
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Improving productivity in the viewports
- Customizing display and camera options
- Rigging a camera for animation
- Controlling and keyframing rotations
- Prioritizing pan, tilt, and roll axis order
- Keyframing camera movement such as pan and dolly
- Keyframing compound camera movement
- Animating a camera crane or jib arm
- Animating a walk-through with Path Constraint
- Projecting an isometric view
- Defining motion blur parameters
- Blurring by distance with depth of field
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
1. Viewport Tips and Tricks
2. Working with Cameras
3. Rigging and Animation
4. Compound Camera Animation
5. Special Effects
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.