Discover how to use 3ds Max and Arnold to create compelling product visualizations for medical devices.
- [Narrator] Medical Visualization is used to inform surgeons and medical professionals on the features and use of the instruments they use in their work. Creating a good, solid, step-by-step process is critical to your success, will minimize revisions, and enable you to deliver on schedule and on budget. My name is Duane Loose. My first career is industrial design. My second is as a digital artist in games, video, and films. I'm combining both now telling technical stories. In this course we'll explore the process and tools used to create high fidelity renders for your projects.
The challenge for you will be to build on the process presented here to create your own innovative ways of telling visual stories and medical design visualization. Photo real and near photo real imagery requires a high end physically based renderer. Max previously used Mental Ray and now with 3DS Max 2018, we have Arnold from Solid Angle. Although it's important that you study Arnold concepts, principles, and techniques in order to master this new renderer, give yourself some time to build on your experience with Mental Ray using the tools and processes in Max 2018 to convert your Mental Ray scenes so that they can be used in Arnold.
So welcome. Let's get started with 3DS Max, Medical Project Visualization with Arnold.
- Importing and using CAD data
- Modifying asset geometry
- Asset and scene organization
- Creating and sharing screen shots of your work
- Using reference images for color and texture development
- Creating and using procedural materials
- Setting up scene lighting
- Compositing and output