Discover what's new in 3ds Max 2017. Get a review of the best new features, including the ART renderer, TextPlus, and Curve Editor keyframe tools.
- Hello, I'm Aaron F. Ross. Welcome to 3ds Mac 2017 New Features. With this year's release of Autodesk 3ds Max we see a welcome change in the look and feel. The interface has been refreshed with all new artwork and icons. And it's also a much more efficient. We have new tools for managing and transferring data. Including the standalone asset library application. In the modeling department, bulions have been redesigned. And we have much better workflows for typography and vector art.
New keyframe tools and the curve editor give us more power to shape animation function curves. Perhaps most importantly the ART rendering engine and physical material make it simple to render photo realistic stills. The 2017 version of 3ds Max holds many gifts for us. So let's open it up and see what's inside.
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- New viewport display menus
- Using the standalone Asset Library
- Visualizing computational fluid dynamics
- Exporting to Print Studio for 3D printing
- Saving models and animation with the Game Exporter
- Building complex objects with new Booleans
- Modeling and mapping with new TextPlus primitive
- Editing keyframes with new Curve Editor tools
- Applying skin weights with Voxel and Heat Map solvers
- Mapping spline textures with shape maps
- Simulating surfaces with Physical Material
- Rendering with ART
- Rendering in the cloud with A360
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. The New 3ds Max Interface
2. Assets and Interoperability
3. Modeling and Animation
4. Materials and Mapping
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.