Find out what's new in 3ds Max 2016. Learn how to incorporate the usability, interoperability, and cinematography enhancements into your 3D workflow.
- [Voiceover] Welcome to 3ds Max 2016 New Features. I'm Aaron F. Ross. In this release of Autodesk 3d modeling and animation software, we see enhancements in usability, inter-operability with other programs, and particularly in cinematography. With the physical camera we can easily simulate the optical properties of any real world camera including exposure, depth of field and motion blur, and even tilt shift perspective correction.
The camera sequencer is like a virtual TV studio where we can cut between cameras. For each shot in the sequence we have independent control over scene lighting and materials. These exciting new tools and more await us in 3ds Max 2016 New Features.
- Choosing a workspace
- Creating templates
- Importing and exporting models
- Mesh smoothing with OpenSubdiv
- Creating a physical camera
- Rendering Bokeh and motion blur effects
- Using the Camera Sequencer
- Working with state sets