Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Walking through mParticles, part of MassFX and 3ds Max: Creating Simulations (2013).
With the release of the Subscription Advantage Pack for 3ds Max 2013, simulation…and particle effects artists have received an extremely powerful set of…physics-based simulation tools that are collectively known as mParticles.…Because mParticles offer up such a vast array of tools and open up such a vast…array of options, we will in this chapter only be able to touch on a tiny…fraction of what is possible with this impressive and powerful set of tools.…In this video we want to take a look at the MassFX flow preset and point out to…you the new mParticle operators that have been added to particle flow.…
Naturally, the first thing we want to do is open up Particle view.…To do that we can just hit the 6 key on our keyboard.…The first piece of the mParticle toolset we come across down in the depot is the MassFX Flow.…This is basically a quick-start preset that can get us up and running with…mParticles very quickly indeed.…If I just left-click and drag, I can add a MassFX Flow to the event display area.…
- Setting up your 3ds Max project
- Understanding volume, mass, and density
- Learning the difference between concave and convex meshes
- Discovering Ground Collision and Gravity
- Baking out a simulation for rendering
- Adding an animation override
- Adding Rigid constraints and creating breakability
- Creating springy targets with the Hinge constraint
- Spinning targets with Twist
- Working with mCloth
- Putting a rip in mCloth
- Adding forces to a simulation
- Using fracture geometry in mParticles
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Dynamics Simulation 101: Understanding the Basics
2. The MassFX Approach
3. Working with Rigid Bodies
4. Making Use of Constraints
5. Working with mCloth
6. Using Forces with MassFX
Using forces with mCloth3m 47s
7. A Brief Introduction to mParticles
What's next?1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.