Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Vr-Ray Metaballs, part of V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Essential Training.
- In my creating simulations in mass effects…and 3ds Max course found here on lynda.com,…I step through the creation…of a basic gloopy fluid effect…using the n-particle system.…In this video, I'm going to take that same…basic setup and show how,…instead of using 3ds Max's standard blob mesh object…as we did in that course, we can instead…make use of V-Ray 3's new metaball feature…to nicely finish things off.…If I just hit the play button here,…we can see that we have a particle flow system…that has been set up to pool and slide…in a manner that feels somewhat like…a thick, gloopy substance with portions…even sliding over the edge of our stand.…
We do still, of course, need to finalize the look…of the effect, which is where…our V-Ray metaballs come in.…To set these up, let's set our timeline…to frame 88,…and then from the geometry section…in the create tab, access the drop-down,…select the V-Ray option from the list,…and then left click to select the V-Ray metaball option.…As I want to create this in plain sight,…
- Using the new UI elements, Quick Settings, and revamped Frame Buffer
- Understanding color mapping modes
- Adding V-Ray light types
- Working with the V-Ray Sun and Sky systems and dome light
- Using irradiance mapping and light cache
- Working with diffuse color maps
- Making reflective materials
- Creating a translucency effect
- Using the new SSS and skin shaders
- Ensuring quality with image sampling
- Working with the adaptive subdivision engine
- Controlling the physical camera
- Working with FX tools such as VRayFur and VRayMetaball
- Stereoscopic 3D rendering
- Using Render Mask
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2013 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross7h 9m Beginner
Introduction and Important Information
1. Getting Ready to Render with V-Ray
2. Key Lighting Tools
3. Global Illumination
4. V-Ray Materials and Maps
5. Quality Control with Image Sampling
6. Working with Cameras
The V-Ray Physical Camera
V-Ray 3 & the 3ds Max Physical Camera
7. The V-Ray FX Tools
What's next?1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.