Model CFD data as a vector field
- [Voiceover] 3ds Max now supports the import of…computational fluid dynamics data…from Autodesk Simulation CFD,…an application specifically designed…to simulate the movement of fluids…such as gases and liquids.…Autodesk have provided sample data…for us to learn the tools.…This is provided with your 3ds Max 2017 installation.…You'll find it in Program Files, Autodesk, 3ds Max 2017,…Scene Assests, CFD.…I've also provided these documents…with the exercise files for this course.…
Let's go into 3ds Max and load up the background object…which is a very rough approximation of an office.…You can load that from the jewel menu or application menu,…click and then choose Import…and I'm taken to…my exercise files or current project import…if you don't have the exercise files,…go to the folder I showed you previously.…We'll just take the default SAT import options,…click OK.…
Let's just hide to top parts of the object…so we can see our CFD data.…I'll select these top objects…and right-click and choose to hide them,…hide selection.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- New viewport display menus
- Using the standalone Asset Library
- Visualizing computational fluid dynamics
- Exporting to Print Studio for 3D printing
- Saving models and animation with the Game Exporter
- Building complex objects with new Booleans
- Modeling and mapping with new TextPlus primitive
- Editing keyframes with new Curve Editor tools
- Applying skin weights with Voxel and Heat Map solvers
- Mapping spline textures with shape maps
- Simulating surfaces with Physical Material
- Rendering with ART
- Rendering in the cloud with A360
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with mental ray in 3ds Maxwith Brian Bradley4h 7m Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. The New 3ds Max Interface
2. Assets and Interoperability
3. Modeling and Animation
4. Materials and Mapping
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.