Shade CFD data with vertex color
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] Using some new Max Creation Graph…based tools, we can also visualize…computational fluid dynamics on objects…or use objects to cut cross-sections…through the flow and so on.…So we want to create a plane for this purpose.…Just to set up, I'm going…to change my display units.…Go to Customize Units.…Set that to metric with meters.…To create a plane primitive in this scene,…I'll go over to the create panel…and choose Standard Primitives, Plane.…
Click and drag to draw that plane…just a little bit larger…than the existing office model.…Right click to exit the tool.…Let's now jump into it's modify panel.…Set its length and width to five meters each.…Give it a little bit more detail.…Let's make our length and width segments 20…and 20 and then just bring it up.…Position it so that it's at about head height…for that seated figure there.…
We've created our slice object.…Before we link it to our CFD data,…we wanna center that data.…Wanna select it in the Scene Explorer…and using the move tool, down here…in the transform type in dialogue…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- New viewport display menus
- Using the standalone Asset Library
- Visualizing computational fluid dynamics
- Exporting to Print Studio for 3D printing
- Saving models and animation with the Game Exporter
- Building complex objects with new Booleans
- Modeling and mapping with new TextPlus primitive
- Editing keyframes with new Curve Editor tools
- Applying skin weights with Voxel and Heat Map solvers
- Mapping spline textures with shape maps
- Simulating surfaces with Physical Material
- Rendering with ART
- Rendering in the cloud with A360
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with mental ray in 3ds Maxwith Brian Bradley4h 7m Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. The New 3ds Max Interface
2. Assets and Interoperability
3. Modeling and Animation
4. Materials and Mapping
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.