Finishing off the top of our valve will be important, as it's where a viewer's eye will land first on this particular section of our model. So we will need to make sure that there is a variation in the crease sets modifier as well as retention of the smooth areas of the mesh using the weld operation.
- [Teacher] With the smoothing on our valve…inset taken care of, time in this final exercise…for the chapter to do the same thing…for the top or valve release…that sits at the top of this regulator assembler.…To make a start, let's click to select that,…and apply an open sub-div modifier.…Setting the iterations value to three…as we really need to get some nice…smoothing on what is after all,…quite a prominent piece of the mash.…Coming in to edge of object mode then,…and hitting F4 to turn our unedged faces.…
The first thing we want to take care of here,…if we just take a look at our reference image…would be the fairly hard edges that…we see in the transition from the top…to the sides of the object.…So, let's select an edge on one of the…extrusion arms here, hit ALT R to select the ring,…and then Shift click on the Connect tool.…We want to set a segments value of two,…and also to increase the pinch amount,…and so let's turn of the show end results…so that we can get a good idea…of how things are looking as we go.…
- Modeling with splines
- Creating a working grid
- Duplicating and welding components
- Extruding complex shapes from components
- Building shapes with primitives
- Applying subdivision creasing
- Box modeling
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Appropriate for all
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 48m Appropriate for all
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
1. Modeling with splines
2. Creating Complex Shapes from Components
3. Building with Primitives
4. Modeling with Edge Cuts
5. Box Modeling
What's next?1m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.