Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video V-Ray hair shader, part of V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Essential Training.
- One of the areas that received an awful lot…of attention in the release of V-Ray version 3…was the oftentimes difficult scenario…of rendering CG hair and fur which,…for the sake of this video, we will treat as one…and the same thing.…The V-Ray hair file modifier, the V-Ray Ornatrix modifier,…the V-Ray hair info tex map and, of course, the subject…of this video the V-Ray hair material…have all been added in order to help…make the prospect of rendering this…oftentimes tricky subject as easy as possible.…
Now, of course, it has been and is entirely possible…to build a reasonable looking hair…and fur texture using just the standard V-Ray material.…In fact, if I take a render of our scene,…you can see that very thing in action.…The V-Ray fur on our toy bear is entirely readable…and is clearly meant to be fur…even though the V-Ray material applied…has had very little work done to it.…Diffuse color along with some scattered reflections…is about all that we are seeing.…The real problem we have as was the case…with our V-Ray Fast SSS2 Skin Shader…
- Using the new UI elements, Quick Settings, and revamped Frame Buffer
- Understanding color mapping modes
- Adding V-Ray light types
- Working with the V-Ray Sun and Sky systems and dome light
- Using irradiance mapping and light cache
- Working with diffuse color maps
- Making reflective materials
- Creating a translucency effect
- Using the new SSS and skin shaders
- Ensuring quality with image sampling
- Working with the adaptive subdivision engine
- Controlling the physical camera
- Working with FX tools such as VRayFur and VRayMetaball
- Stereoscopic 3D rendering
- Using Render Mask
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2013 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross7h 9m Beginner
Introduction and Important Information
1. Getting Ready to Render with V-Ray
2. Key Lighting Tools
3. Global Illumination
4. V-Ray Materials and Maps
5. Quality Control with Image Sampling
6. Working with Cameras
The V-Ray Physical Camera
V-Ray 3 & the 3ds Max Physical Camera
7. The V-Ray FX Tools
What's next?1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.