Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Uwrapping the single wheel, part of Game Art: Model & UV Map a Low Poly Character.
- [Narrator] Having modeled a third low poly wheel…for ourselves, we are ready in this video to move on to…the unwrapping process, which for obvious reasons is going…to pretty much follow the same steps as the unwrapping…of our double wheel set up.…With the wheel mesh selected then, let's apply UVW map,…and unwrap UVW modifiers to it,…and then jump into add sub object mode…on the unwrap modifier.…We are going to select one of the edges that basically…cuts through the center of our mesh here,…and then loop this so that it goes all the way around.…
After which, we can scroll down the modifier options…in the command panel and click…the convert edge selection to seams option.…Now obviously we do have the extrusion that we created…on the back to take into consideration,…and so let's swing our view port around…to the back of the geometry.…We might need to press F3 for this,…and select one of the edges that run around the circumfernce…of the extrusion where it intersects the wheel base.…Hitting F3 again, in order to return…
- Gamma and scale
- Setting up a scene
- Creation and shaping
- Using symmetry modifiers
- UV mapping
- Using guide objects
- Detailing and finishing
- Refining a model
- Prepping a model
- Exporting a model
- Fixing issues
- Normal map baking
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Appropriate for all
1. Modeling and Unwrapping the Drive Wheel Assembly
2. Building and UV Mapping the Wheels and Tread
3. Creating and Mapping the Head
4. Modeling and UV Mapping the Piston Assembly
5. Final Modeling, FBX Export, and Normal Map Baking
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.