- [Instructor] If you don't have the drawing tablet…to add some more details such as cracks through the texture…that we just recently modified…by applying different filter…to a real image or texture…and created a less busy texture.…To add cracks, another way or technique…that I usually do is that…here I have this file and a friend of mine has provided me…lots of different vector shapes.…These are kind of the linings that I can use for wood…and each of them is placed on a separate layer.…
And I will be providing you with this…with the exercise files.…So if I choose this Line_06.…Let me just unselect everything out…and while this being selected which is this line here…I'll will right-click and hit Duplicate Layer.…And then from dropdown list,…I'm going to choose Stylized_Wood,…this is the file where I want to copy this…and hit OK.…And I'll have the line here…which, as you can see, is still vector form.…So I'll press Control T and rotate that line a bit.…
And also scale that up…and rearranging that.…Just hit Enter.…And maybe I will place that here.…
First, Zaheer explores artistic ways to block out the basic forms of your structure, such as using exaggerated proportions and irregular, tilted shapes. Next, he shows how to add details to the forms. Then he demonstrates how to add the more stylized elements including textures, imported materials, color refinements, and lighting. He wraps up the course by wrapping up the workflow, making final render passes and preparing the scene for export. Along the way, he covers art creation, modeling, compositing, and more.
- Exploring the elements of stylization
- Analyzing a reference image
- Blocking out basic shapes
- Reshaping forms
- Creating details
- Creating stylized elements
- Creating materials in 3ds Max
- Color correcting materials
- Preparing materials for export
- Importing elements into a scene
- Adding lights to a scene
- Setting up V-Ray Renderer
- Fixing issues with renders and lights
- Compositing render passes in Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 58m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
1. Blocking Out Basic Shapes
2. Adding Details to Basic Shapes
3. Creating Stylized Details
4. Creating Textures, Exporting, and Rendering
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.