In this video, learn how to render clean transparency without matte fringe.
- [Instructor] A clear view of how transparency works…is essential for post-production compositing.…There are several different flavors of transparency…providing different options.…Alpha channels and premultiplication…are the two main considerations with image transparency.…Usually when someone says alpha channel,…she or he means the transparency of a bitmap image.…Technically though, an alpha channel…is any auxiliary color channel that can store…any arbitrary pixel data,…and that's in addition…to the familiar red, green, and blue color channels.…
Professional file formats, such as TIF and EXR,…can include more than one alpha channel,…and these can store any data,…such as transparency or Z buffer depth.…Consumer and web-friendly formats, such as JPG and PNG,…either have no alpha support at all…or only allow one alpha channel for transparency only.…The bit depth of the channel determines the dynamic range…and number of possible values.…A 1-bit transparency channel only allows a pixel…to be fully opaque or fully transparent.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Choosing a visualization app
- Managing assets
- Shading with materials and textures
- Daylighting, practical lighting, and studio lighting
- Lightbox and macro photography
- Vehicles and large-scale objects
- Architecture and interior design
- Technical illustrations
- Rendering passes and light groups
- Rendering for print, prepress, and broadcast
- Animating turntables and orbits
- Rigging and animating a walkthrough
Skill Level Beginner
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
1. Preparation and Layout
2. Lighting and Shading
4. Rendering and Image Manipulation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.