Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using symmetry modifiers to keep the shape, part of Game Art: Model & UV Map a Low Poly Character.
- [Instructor] Continuing on from the previous exercise,…it may, at this moment in time,…look as if our modeling is complete,…due to the fact that we have our…guide geometry sitting in the view.…Of course, it (laughs) actually isn't,…and so let's exit and then reenter Isolate mode again,…leaving us with just the geometry…that we have created thus far,…which includes the courts that we added…in the previous exercise.…Now you will notice there that we only added…courts to just one side of the geometry,…which (laughs) wasn't a mistake.…Because we are now going to add a symmetry modifier,…making sure that in this instance,…it is operating on the X axis.…
Which, as you can see, now gives us courts…on the opposite side of the mesh as well.…What we want to do now is add an Edit Poly modifier…to the stack, calling it Delete, as well.…And after coming into Vertex Sub-Object mode,…let's make sure that the Threshold option…on the Symmetry modifier has indeed welded…all of the vertices in the center here.…Now, for obvious reasons, we don't want to leave…
- Gamma and scale
- Setting up a scene
- Creation and shaping
- Using symmetry modifiers
- UV mapping
- Using guide objects
- Detailing and finishing
- Refining a model
- Prepping a model
- Exporting a model
- Fixing issues
- Normal map baking
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Intermediate
1. Modeling and Unwrapping the Drive Wheel Assembly
2. Building and UV Mapping the Wheels and Tread
3. Creating and Mapping the Head
4. Modeling and UV Mapping the Piston Assembly
5. Final Modeling, FBX Export, and Normal Map Baking
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.