Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using substance files in 3ds Max, part of 3ds Max: Substance to Arnold.
- [Instructor] For a good number of years now…anyone trying to bring a published substance…into 3ds Max that was created in version four…or higher the Substance Designer application…will have been made painfully aware…of the fact that the workflow was broken,…indeed had been for some time,…as the substance map that shipped with 3ds Max…could only make use of files created…in Substance Designer three and earlier.…After some apparent procrastination…and well deserved prodding from users, however,…Allegorithmic have finally produced…a 3ds Max plugin of their own,…something that has made a good number of users…very happy indeed.…
Though we do need to be aware…that at the time of this recording…the plugin was still a work in progress,…and so some details and features may change…once the final version of it is released.…What we want to cover in this brief video…of that is where the plugin can currently be found.…Again, do keep in mind that dependent…on exactly when you get to watch this course…this information may have changed somewhat,…
- Why should we use substances?
- Choosing a substance workflow
- Using Bitmap2Material in 3ds Max
- Building up your material
- Working with substances and maps from the Designer application
- Using a substance with Arnold
- Improving your substance results
- Exporting your map types
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
Substance Painter Essential Trainingwith Wes McDermott5h 55m Appropriate for all
1. An Overview of the Substance Toolset
2. Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
3. Working with Substances from the Designer Application
4. Working with Maps from the Designer Application
5. Working with Maps from the Painter Application
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.