Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using substance files in 3ds Max 2014 to 2018, part of 3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray.
- [Instructor] For a good while now,…anyone trying to bring a substance archive into 3ds Max…will have been made painfully aware of the fact…that many aspects of the workflow have been broken.…And after some apparent procrastination…and well-deserved prodding from users though,…Allegorithmic have finally started to work…on a Max plug-in of their own, something that should make…a good number of users very happy indeed.…What we want to cover in this brief video then…is where that plug-in can currently be found.…Although do keep in mind that dependent…on when you get to watch this course,…this information may have changed somewhat.…
We will also want to know how we quickly…go about installing the plug-in and then,…finally, how we would go about accessing it…from inside the 3ds Max user interface.…Well, the current location of the plug-in in its beta form…can actually be found on the Allegorithmic forums;…and so we need to come to forum.allegorithmic.com,…find the substance integrations group,…and jump into the Autodesk 3ds Max section…
- What are substances and why should we use them?
- Choosing your substance workflow mode
- Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
- Loading the Bitmap2Material node into 3ds Max
- Building your material
- Working with substances from Substance Designer
- Working with maps from Substance Designer
- Exporting the map types
- Exporting maps from Substance Painter
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
1. Overview of Substance Based Tools
The substance toolset4m 9s
2. Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
3. Working with Substances from Substance Designer
4. Working with Maps from Substance Designer
5. Exporting Maps from Substance Painter
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.