Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the substance with 3ds Max and V-Ray, part of 3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray.
- [Instructor] Inside 3ds Max then…let's go ahead and bring our newly created substance…into the scene so that we can take a look…at how it renders in V-Ray.…To do that let's hit the M key…to open up the Slate Material Editor,…and after jumping into the Wall tab,…drag out a new V-Ray material…and assign it to the wall geometry in the scene,…making certain that we enable…the Show Shaded Material in Viewport option once we're done.…We will of course be needing to add…a substance node here as well,…and so from the Map section in the general rollout,…let's grab a substance node…and drop it in front of our material.…
If we double click on that to load its parameters…into the editor window,…we can click on the Load Substance Bon…and then grab our newly published substance…from the exercise files and substances folders.…As soon as it loads we can straightaway see…that along with the default substance controls…such as texture size, coordinates and the noise rollout,…we also get all of the parameters…that we told Substance Designer to expose for us,…
- What are substances and why should we use them?
- Choosing your substance workflow mode
- Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
- Loading the Bitmap2Material node into 3ds Max
- Building your material
- Working with substances from Substance Designer
- Working with maps from Substance Designer
- Exporting the map types
- Exporting maps from Substance Painter
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
1. Overview of Substance Based Tools
The substance toolset4m 9s
2. Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
3. Working with Substances from Substance Designer
4. Working with Maps from Substance Designer
5. Exporting Maps from Substance Painter
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.