We will also, (given that the dolls are the focus of our shots), want to set up a matte for just those objects alone, as this will allow us to seperate them from the rest of the render and so make broad adjustments in after effects should we want or need to.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] As noted in the previous exercise,…even with the addition of quite a few…multi-matte elements to our render setup,…we are currently still missing a potentially…vital matte in that we don't currently have…the ability to isolate and edit all of our…doll objects using one, easy-to-work-with matte.…To accomplish this without spoiling…the scene setup that we already have in place,…we're going to take advantage of 3DS Max's…State Set tools and add one last matte type to the mix.…Now in the end, this matte may not…ultimately be needed, but as is always the case…on production projects, better to take 10 minutes out…and create it now, rather than find ourselves…caught short as the deadline for the project approaches.…
Coming to the Rendering menu then,…let's open up the State Sets dialog,…where a left-click on the plus icon…will add a new state for us, which we can then…double-click and rename Doll Matte Dolly.…If you are working with a scene file of your own,…and already have a state set zero one entry in the list,…
- What is V-Ray RT?
- Using RT as an ActiveShade renderer
- Taking the options further
- Setting up a V-Ray RT project in 3ds Max
- Adding geometry and cameras
- Creating animation with V-Ray RT
- Setting up a particle system and deflectors
- Adding lighting
- Texturing and adding materials
- Adding render elements
- Adjusting render element parameters
- Compositing in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with mental ray in 3ds Maxwith Brian Bradley4h 7m Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
1. Introduction to V-Ray RT
2. Project—Setting Up the Scene
3. Project—Creating Animation
4. Project—Setting up the Lighting
5. Project—Working with Materials
6. Project—Working with V-Ray RT & Render Elements
7. Project—Compositing in After Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.