Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using splines to create the tracks, part of Game Art: Model & UV Map a Low Poly Character.
- [Instructor] We have reached the point in our chapter now…where we need to look at creating some very simple…geometry from which we can build our robot's tracks.…To begin, let's select our high polyreference mesh,…enter isolate mode, then use the zoom extend alt command.…We can then come into our right view and…press the alt and w keys to maximize our viewport.…In the create tab on the command panel,…as we're going to create this particular piece…of geometry using shapes, let's jump into the shapes tab…and select the line tool.…
Now, we do want to keep this as simple as possible.…Remembering that we are wanting to create…as low poly a piece as possible here.…To start then, let's click to create a point…right at the apex of our reference track,…and then coming to the right,…click again where the track starts to turn the corner.…Coming across, now don't worry that it seems like we're not…matching the track here, all will come right, I promise…but you will notice that the track here starts to lift…off the ground a little.…
- Gamma and scale
- Setting up a scene
- Creation and shaping
- Using symmetry modifiers
- UV mapping
- Using guide objects
- Detailing and finishing
- Refining a model
- Prepping a model
- Exporting a model
- Fixing issues
- Normal map baking
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Intermediate
1. Modeling and Unwrapping the Drive Wheel Assembly
2. Building and UV Mapping the Wheels and Tread
3. Creating and Mapping the Head
4. Modeling and UV Mapping the Piston Assembly
5. Final Modeling, FBX Export, and Normal Map Baking
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.