Organize assets in project directories.
- [Aaron Ross] The last step we need…to take before we can truly begin…is to set up the project folder for 3ds Max.…The project folder is a series of sub-folders…to store different types of assets…such as scenes or bitmap images.…And whether or not you have the exercise files…that I provided with this course,…it is a requirement of 3ds Max…to use project folders on some level.…If you just drop your files anywhere,…then it's going to be very difficult…for you to keep the links between…those dependent files straight…and you may end up with missing…textures and stuff like that.…
So you don't want that to happen.…If you don't have the exercise files,…then you'll want to create a project…folder for this course.…And that's done from the file menu.…Project.…And within here we can see what the current project is.…The default project is inside the…current user's documents 3ds Max.…I'm going to create a default project.…That means it's going to have the default folders…such as scenes and scene assets.…
If you wanted to create your own,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.