Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using guide objects, part of Game Art: Model & UV Map a Low Poly Character.
- [Instructor] Continuing on from the previous exercise,…we're going to be working here…to finish off creating the shape that we need,…using the guide cylinder that we have…already added to the scene.…To do that, we are going to add an edit poly-modifier…to our newly-created cylinder,…and then come into Edge Sub-Object mode…by pressing the 2 key.…We want to select a vertical edge,…and press Alt + R to select the ring.…And then, Shift + Click on the Connect tool…inside the Loops tab of our modeling ribbon.…
From here, we want to make sure…that the segments are set to one,…and then slide the connect until it lines up…with the middle vertices on our guide cylinder.…Then click Okay.…We can then engage the Cut tool,…and in order to make sure that we are cutting…on the correct side of the geometry,…make a quick cut on the mesh.…Now because we're doing this in a left view,…you can see in the prospective viewport,…and press F4 if you can't see the edged faces,…that we are actually cutting on the back of the object here.…
- Gamma and scale
- Setting up a scene
- Creation and shaping
- Using symmetry modifiers
- UV mapping
- Using guide objects
- Detailing and finishing
- Refining a model
- Prepping a model
- Exporting a model
- Fixing issues
- Normal map baking
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Appropriate for all
1. Modeling and Unwrapping the Drive Wheel Assembly
2. Building and UV Mapping the Wheels and Tread
3. Creating and Mapping the Head
4. Modeling and UV Mapping the Piston Assembly
5. Final Modeling, FBX Export, and Normal Map Baking
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.