Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using forces with mCloth, part of MassFX and 3ds Max: Creating Simulations (2013).
For our last look at applying forces inside a standard MassFX dynamic simulation,…I just want to add some nice motion to the pendants that currently adorn the top…of our stand geometry.…Having them move around a bit in a virtual breeze would be a nice addition to the…kind of motions that we've looked at creating so far.…Let's hit the P key and switch over to a perspective view.…From here we can orbit around the view a little until we have a nice clear view…of the pendants attached to the top of the stand.…Turning these into mCloth objects is just a matter of selecting each piece of…geometry and then we can jump over into the Modifier List in the Command panel…and add an mCloth modifier.…
Of course, if we run the simulation at this point, our new cloth objects would…simply fall to the floor, so a little pinning is in order.…Because we have used Instance modifiers here, we can actually pin all of these…cloth objects in one go.…So with all of the pendant geometry still selected, let's click to enter vertex…
- Setting up your 3ds Max project
- Understanding volume, mass, and density
- Learning the difference between concave and convex meshes
- Discovering Ground Collision and Gravity
- Baking out a simulation for rendering
- Adding an animation override
- Adding Rigid constraints and creating breakability
- Creating springy targets with the Hinge constraint
- Spinning targets with Twist
- Working with mCloth
- Putting a rip in mCloth
- Adding forces to a simulation
- Using fracture geometry in mParticles
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Dynamics Simulation 101: Understanding the Basics
2. The MassFX Approach
3. Working with Rigid Bodies
4. Making Use of Constraints
5. Working with mCloth
6. Using Forces with MassFX
Using forces with mCloth3m 47s
7. A Brief Introduction to mParticles
What's next?1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.