Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the flattened PSD in V-Ray, part of 3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray.
- [Instructor] So we have made good use…of the V-Ray-specific JPEGs that we saved…out of painter and have seen how to set up the gamma…or color profile settings for them…as we brought them into max or after we had added them…to the slide editor's work area.…What we want to do now, of course, is see how…we can make use of the metal roof PSD file…that we also saved out of substance painter.…Now just to be clear, we are talking about the initial,…flattened version that we saved here,…as there really is no reason for us to try and make use…of the fully-layered versions here inside of Max.…
That particular export option is very obviously…designed to help those who will want to use…other painter image editing tools in their arsenal…in order to augment and enhance…the textures that they are creating.…To make a start then, the first we will need to do…is open up the material editor,…jump into the robot wheel tab,…and then drop a physical material onto the canvas.…Let's also add a bitmap node to the base color output,…
- What are substances and why should we use them?
- Choosing your substance workflow mode
- Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
- Loading the Bitmap2Material node into 3ds Max
- Building your material
- Working with substances from Substance Designer
- Working with maps from Substance Designer
- Exporting the map types
- Exporting maps from Substance Painter
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
1. Overview of Substance Based Tools
The substance toolset4m 9s
2. Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
3. Working with Substances from Substance Designer
4. Working with Maps from Substance Designer
5. Exporting Maps from Substance Painter
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.