Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Mental Ray: Control Color Bleed in 3ds Max.
- [Instructor] If you are a premium member of the Lynda.com Online Training Library, then you have access to the exercise files that will be used throughout the duration of this training title. These files can be found in the Exercise Files folder, which I've placed, as you can see here, on my desktop. You can of course store and access this folder from wherever you like. There are files here for most of the movies in the course, and they can be found inside a 3ds Max project folder using scene subfolders that have been named according to the chapters they relate to.
Now it isn't of course in any way essential that you use these particular files in order to follow along where then benefit from this course. You can use files containing your own work, if you would prefer. Of course, if you are a monthly or annual subscriber to Lynda.com, then you won't have access to the exercise files, but that same option of following along, using scene files of your own, is very much open to you.
- Controlling reflectance
- Understanding how geometry setup affects color bleed
- Choosing color placement carefully
- Using the FG Diffuse Bounce control and Photon Energy setting
- Controlling color bleed via object property controls
- Using the rayswitch map