Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Game Asset Creation: Stylized Wooden Crate.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- If you are a premium member of the lynda.com online training library, you have access to the exercise files that will be used throughout the duration of this training title. These files can be found in the Exercise Files folder, which I have placed, as you can see here, on my desktop. You can, of course, store and access this folder from wherever you like. There are files for most of the movies in the course and they reside inside a 3ds Max project structure, using scene subfolders that have been named according to the chapters they relate to.
Now, it isn't required that you use these particular files in order to follow along with and benefit from this course. You can use files containing your own work if you would prefer. Of course, if you are a monthly or annual subscriber to lynda.com, you won't have access to the exercise files, but that same option of following along using scene files of your own is very much open to you.
- Modeling the wood frame
- Adding structural reinforcements
- Creating nails with primitives
- Unwrapping the wood and nails
- Combining UV elements
- Exporting the FBX file
- Creating the shader in Substance Designer
- Simulating weathering and edge wear
- Importing the mesh in Unreal Engine
- Applying the substance
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2013 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross7h 9m Beginner
Getting Started with CAT Rigging Tools in 3ds Maxwith Joel Bradley2h 33m Intermediate
Modeling a Character in 3ds Maxwith Ryan Kittleson4h 31m Intermediate
1. Modeling the Wood
2. Nailing It All Together
3. Unwrapping & Exporting Geometry
4. Creating the Shader
5. Bringing It All Together in Unreal Engine 4
Importing the mesh3m 5s
What next?1m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.