In this video, learn more about how to use State Sets for rendering in passes.
- [Instructor] So far then, we've set up our scene, … so as to be rendered in two separate passage, … these being both the table objects … and the environment or everything else. … If I just right click on the object State in the UI though, … and choose the Render Selected States option, … we are at the moment seeing the HTRI being used … for lighting and reflections, … showing up in the background. … This from our compositing point of view, … can sometimes be a bit problematic. … If we are asked by our compositing team, our artists though … to instead render these types of layers … against a solid color, … we can pretty easily make that tweak inside of Max and V-Ray … by selecting the Dome light in the scene, … and then in the Option Rollout found in the Command panel, … enabling the invisible option, … meaning that when we render the object State now, … we get a solid background color, … which is of course now being controlled by Max's environment … and affects dialogue and can be set to any color …
This course was created by Brian Bradley. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Why use render elements in 3ds Max
- Output options in V-Ray Next and 3ds Max
- Using state sets for rendering in passes
- Compositing lighting and other beauty pass elements
- Exploring the render elements in depth
- Compositing an animated sequence from start to finish
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross3h 36m Advanced
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 37m Advanced
3ds Max and V-Ray: Exterior Lighting and Renderingwith George Maestri1h 35m Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
1. Rendering for Compositing
2. An Introduction to State Sets
3. Working with the Beauty Pass Elements
4. A Deeper Dive into Render Elements
5. Project: Working with an Animated Sequence
6. Compositing in After Effects
Next steps1m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.