In this video, learn more about how to use State Sets for flexibility.
- [Instructor] Before moving on … to the next chapter in our course, … I just wanted to take a few minutes in this exercise, … to demonstrate how easy and how flexible … the state sets workflow can be, … should we decide to take advantage of both render elements … and state sets in the same project … by essentially using a pick and mix approach … to working with render engines and outputs in Max … in order to get the most out of available resources. … Now, this is just a for instance type demonstration, … as there are lots and lots of ways … in which the combination of both state sets … and render elements functionality … could massively benefit a project. … Our imaginary premise then is that we've been asked to test … both the compositing and animation setup in a scene … with V-Ray Next, … having already been designated as the render engine … of choice for the final deliverables. … So the compositing elements have to be output … as a multichannel EXR whilst the camera animation test …
This course was created by Brian Bradley. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Why use render elements in 3ds Max
- Output options in V-Ray Next and 3ds Max
- Using state sets for rendering in passes
- Compositing lighting and other beauty pass elements
- Exploring the render elements in depth
- Compositing an animated sequence from start to finish
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross3h 36m Advanced
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 37m Advanced
3ds Max and V-Ray: Exterior Lighting and Renderingwith George Maestri1h 35m Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
1. Rendering for Compositing
2. An Introduction to State Sets
3. Working with the Beauty Pass Elements
4. A Deeper Dive into Render Elements
5. Project: Working with an Animated Sequence
6. Compositing in After Effects
Next steps1m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.