Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Send To command, part of Advanced 3ds Max and Maya Integration.
- The Send to command is a handy feature…allowing us to instantly transfer assets…from one Autodesk application to another.…This doesn't create a live link between the two programs.…All it does is create an FBX document that's stored…in memory and can be accessed by the other program.…Essentially, it's doing the same import, export…FBX process without the file.…Let's take a look at a simple example.…Let's say I want to send an object over to 3ds Max.…
For example, this lamp shade.…I'll select the object and go into the File menu…and choose Send to 3ds Max.…And you'll see that there are three main options.…Send as New Scene will overwrite whatever scene…you currently have in 3ds Max.…And it will also launch 3ds Max if…it is not currently running.…Click on that.…And now my model is loaded in 3ds Max.…I'll go back to Maya with ALT Tab.…
And let's say I want to make a change…to this and send it over again.…I'll get in close, selecting it.…And press the F key so I can get in closer.…Maybe I'll make some change to the structure of the model.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Managing and tracking assets
- Setting up a shared texture library
- Streamlining user interfaces
- Using Maya mode hotkeys in 3ds Max
- Harmonizing scene units and frame rates
- Rendering procedural textures to bitmaps
- Translating scenes with the FBX file format
- Correcting materials, lighting, and surfaces
- Using the Send To command
- Baking animation to keyframes
- Saving a geometry cache
- Distilling complex animation with Alembic
Skill Level Advanced
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross4h 31m Intermediate
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
1. Managing Assets
Asset tracking in 3ds Max4m 19s
2. Harmonizing Preferences
3. Transferring Materials
4. Transferring Models and Animation
5. Transferring Data with Alembic
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.