Select objects in the Scene Explorer outline view.
- [Aaron Ross] Once you've got a few objects in your scene,…you'll want to use the scene explorer outliner…in order to select and manage your objects.…And I previously hid the scene explorer.…It was on a panel over here and I undocked it and hid it.…And then I launched another version…of it from the main toolbar button here.…Toggle scene explorer.…And I docked that new local copy of it…over onto the side here.…And I did that little dance earlier in the course…so that I could easily turn this on and off.…
Okay, so this is a list of every object in your scene.…And it's hierarchical.…We can see that some of these objects are groups.…And if I open that up we can see…that there are a bunch of objects within that group.…If I click on an object here in the scene explorer,…then that object is selected in the view ports.…And likewise if I select an object…in a viewport, then it is selected in the scene explorer.…And by default it will open up any hierarchy…or any nesting here to show you the selected objects.…
If you want you can filter so you don't see…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Appropriate for all
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.