In this video, learn how while you can certainly add depth of field to a render using the V-Ray physical camera, doing so in post can add a lot of speed and flexibility to the process.
- [Instructor] One challenge that simply … comes with the territory when trying to complete … high quality, high resolution renders on any project … is the amount of time that needs to be allocated … to do the rendering of the final images, … this challenge, quickly turning into a serious problem, … if we're told late in the day that alterations … have to be made to an already prepped … and maybe even rendered deliverable. … Situations like this, of course, as already noted … a few times, being part of the reason why many studios … and freelancers have long since turned to working … with compositing-based pipelines. … Let's suppose, for this exercise, then, that we … have just finished quite a lengthy render on a project … but have done so without the need … for further compositing work in mind. … In other words, what we are getting out of Vray … is all that we have, so no matte elements, no masks, … nothing but the final image. … At this point, though, our art director or maybe even …
This course was created by Brian Bradley. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Why use render elements in 3ds Max
- Output options in V-Ray Next and 3ds Max
- Using state sets for rendering in passes
- Compositing lighting and other beauty pass elements
- Exploring the render elements in depth
- Compositing an animated sequence from start to finish
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross3h 36m Advanced
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 37m Advanced
3ds Max and V-Ray: Exterior Lighting and Renderingwith George Maestri1h 35m Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
1. Rendering for Compositing
2. An Introduction to State Sets
3. Working with the Beauty Pass Elements
4. A Deeper Dive into Render Elements
5. Project: Working with an Animated Sequence
6. Compositing in After Effects
Next steps1m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.