Standardize the scale of maps throughout a scene.
- [Instructor] In the previous movie,…we saw how to apply UVW mapping,…and specify the size and placement of the gizmo…to give a 2D map, such as a bitmap,…mapping coordinates on a surface.…Now, there's a technique you can use…that may speed your workflow a little bit,…which is called Real-World Map Size.…So, let's select the wall here, that's Wall North,…and currently I'm using Box Mapping,…and I've explicitly set the size of the box…to be 200 centimeters on a side.…
There's a switch down here that says Real-World Map Size.…And when that's enabled, and the corresponding switch…is enabled in the coordinates rollout of a 2D map,…then we can set the scaling for that map…in the Material Editor instead of here,…and it could just speed up your work flow.…So, I'll turn on Real-World Map Size,…and we kind of get nothing.…Our sort of map disappears, and our gizmo got lost as well.…So if we press F3, there's a tiny little orange dot there,…and that's the Mapping gizmo.…
So if we want to get that closer,…we can go into gizmo sub-object mode,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Appropriate for all
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.