We have looked at the benifits of using the RT engine, but nothing compares to the speed we gain when using RT as an active shade renderer in our production workflow. Setting this up is quick and easy we simply use the Active shade renderer dropdown and set it to Vray RT.
- [Voiceover] The ActiveShade render mode was added…to 3ds Max to bridge the gap between the then-basic view…of a scene in the soft wires viewport…and the final textured, lit, and rendered image…that was output at render time.…The idea being that the system would respond…to certain user changes in the scene…and automatically trigger a re-render…in order for artists to more quickly evaluate…and iterate on the final look of materials,…lighting, and so on.…Now, of course, these days, 3ds Max's…Nitrous viewport can give us a much more faithful…representation of what is really going on in the scene,…but of course ActiveShade tools themselves have also…continued to evolve, with more and more…engine options becoming available tools.…
So, Mental Ray, Eye Ray, and Corona,…to mention just a few.…Indeed, V-Ray RT, upon its initial introduction,…was straightaway pressed into service…as an interactive real-time rendering system…that worked really well as an ActiveShade renderer.…Even today, many of the videos produced…to show off the capabilities of RT focus on…
- What is V-Ray RT?
- Using RT as an ActiveShade renderer
- Taking the options further
- Setting up a V-Ray RT project in 3ds Max
- Adding geometry and cameras
- Creating animation with V-Ray RT
- Setting up a particle system and deflectors
- Adding lighting
- Texturing and adding materials
- Adding render elements
- Adjusting render element parameters
- Compositing in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
1. Introduction to V-Ray RT
2. Project—Setting Up the Scene
3. Project—Creating Animation
4. Project—Setting up the Lighting
5. Project—Working with Materials
6. Project—Working with V-Ray RT & Render Elements
7. Project—Compositing in After Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.