Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the JPEGs in V-Ray, part of 3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray.
- [Instructor] Having exported all of the map channels…that we need from Substance Painter.…What we want to do in this exercise is demonstrate how…we might go about using the converted set of JPEG files…inside the 3ds Max and Vray Map.…The first thing that we will probably want to do then…is get all our maps imported and then go ahead…and plug them into a Vray material.…After opening up the material editor using the M key then,…let's jump into the robot body tab,…drop a Vray material onto the work area,…apply that to the robot's body,…and then turn on the show shaded option for the material.…
As we have a total of seven maps that we want…to import in this instance,…let's also drop a bitmap node onto the canvas,…and add the diffuse map for the body to that.…We can then copy the node six times…and add each of the relevant map channels to them.…We can then make certain that we connect each of…those map nodes to the relevant input on the Vray material.…So, diffuse map, reflect map, bump map, reflection,…glossiness, displacement, fresnel IOR,…
- What are substances and why should we use them?
- Choosing your substance workflow mode
- Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
- Loading the Bitmap2Material node into 3ds Max
- Building your material
- Working with substances from Substance Designer
- Working with maps from Substance Designer
- Exporting the map types
- Exporting maps from Substance Painter
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
1. Overview of Substance Based Tools
The substance toolset4m 9s
2. Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
3. Working with Substances from Substance Designer
4. Working with Maps from Substance Designer
5. Exporting Maps from Substance Painter
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.