Hide all objects except selection, and prevent selecting other objects.
- [Aaron Ross] If you're working on a scene…with many objects and you just want to focus on one thing,…then you can either isolate the object,…which will hide everything else,…or you can lock the selection so…that you can't select anything else.…Let's look at isolate first.…So all you have to do is just select something.…In this case it's a group that includes…all the parts of that monitor.…And then at the bottom of the interface…is isolate selection.…And it looks like a cyan box with little corners on it.…
Click on that.…And now everything else is hidden in the scene.…Pretty cool.…And we can turn that back off again.…The keyboard shortcut for that is alt Q.…So I can select something, alt Q,…and the perspective view actually zooms automatically,…but the other views don't.…So I can use my keyboard shortcut that I made earlier,…control shift Z and now I've isolated just that sofa.…
And I've also zoomed in on it.…I can exit out of isolate selection.…And then we can play with locking.…So that's a similar concept.…Select an object or a group,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.