Retain curves in memory for animation testing
- [Voiceover] Concluding our coverage…of the new Curve Editor tools,…let's take a look at buffer curves.…These are temporary curves that you can use…for analysis and comparison purposes.…Open up the Curve Editor.…I'll maximize that,…and reveal our track.…Under sphere we've got the Z position bezier float.…Just click to make sure nothing is selected,…and then click to frame horizontal and value extents.…We can see the entire curve.…Buffer curves are found in their own toolbar…down here at the bottom.…
Click on the leftmost icon to activate them.…We also want to make sure that the next icon,…show/hide buffer curves is also lit up.…That way we can see the buffer curves as we're working.…Now, make some change to the curve.…For example, select these key frames here,…and change their values.…Hold down control, and click and drag up and down,…and release the mouse,…and you can see right away that we have a dashed line…representing the original curve.…That's the buffer curve.…We've got some tools down here.…
First of all, swap curves with buffer.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- New viewport display menus
- Using the standalone Asset Library
- Visualizing computational fluid dynamics
- Exporting to Print Studio for 3D printing
- Saving models and animation with the Game Exporter
- Building complex objects with new Booleans
- Modeling and mapping with new TextPlus primitive
- Editing keyframes with new Curve Editor tools
- Applying skin weights with Voxel and Heat Map solvers
- Mapping spline textures with shape maps
- Simulating surfaces with Physical Material
- Rendering with ART
- Rendering in the cloud with A360
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with mental ray in 3ds Maxwith Brian Bradley4h 7m Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. The New 3ds Max Interface
2. Assets and Interoperability
3. Modeling and Animation
4. Materials and Mapping
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.