Display file types in Asset Library
- [Voiceover] In the last movie we saw…we could search the Autodesk Seek website…and download assets directly from within…the 3ds Max asset library.…I want to go a little deeper into how to search…for different types of files.…And that's what these filter buttons are up here.…Now, if the filter button is not enabled,…if it's not highlighted in blue,…then all available file types will be displayed.…But only within a limited set of certain file types.…
So if you have an oddball file type or extension,…then it will not show up here.…If it's not supported in the first place.…You can check in on which file types are supported…by right clicking on any of the icons.…We have three categories here.…We have tools,…and that includes things like zip files.…Here we've got 2d files and movies.…And then right click on the cube…and we can see the 3d file formats that we can search for.…So if the filter is disabled, as it is currently,…then it's as if all of these were enabled.…
In other words, if the filter is off,…then we will see all file types that are supported…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- New viewport display menus
- Using the standalone Asset Library
- Visualizing computational fluid dynamics
- Exporting to Print Studio for 3D printing
- Saving models and animation with the Game Exporter
- Building complex objects with new Booleans
- Modeling and mapping with new TextPlus primitive
- Editing keyframes with new Curve Editor tools
- Applying skin weights with Voxel and Heat Map solvers
- Mapping spline textures with shape maps
- Simulating surfaces with Physical Material
- Rendering with ART
- Rendering in the cloud with A360
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with mental ray in 3ds Maxwith Brian Bradley4h 7m Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. The New 3ds Max Interface
2. Assets and Interoperability
3. Modeling and Animation
4. Materials and Mapping
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.