Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the 8-bit metal/rough maps in V-Ray, part of 3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray.
- [Narrator] Having seen just how easily we can work…with 16-bit OpenEXR files from Substance Designer,…what we want to take a look at in this video is…working with the 8-bit metal rough set…that we also generated at the same time.…Specifically, we want to see what…if any workflow differences exist.…To get started then, let's follow pretty much…the same procedure as the previous exercise…by jumping into the world tab on the Slate Material Editor…and in there making a copy…of the physical material texture tree.…
Again, we want to send these to a new tab,…only this time, we will use the world JPEG option.…And again, we want to delete out…any substance-specific nodes,…these being the substance itself…as well as the map output selectors.…If we go ahead then and apply all material…to the world geometry, we can add a new bit-map node…to the work area, and this time go…to load the base color map from the JPEG's folder.…What we see with that selected is…that our 8-bit files give us a very different result…in terms of how the colors are behaving.…
- What are substances and why should we use them?
- Choosing your substance workflow mode
- Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
- Loading the Bitmap2Material node into 3ds Max
- Building your material
- Working with substances from Substance Designer
- Working with maps from Substance Designer
- Exporting the map types
- Exporting maps from Substance Painter
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
1. Overview of Substance Based Tools
The substance toolset4m 9s
2. Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
3. Working with Substances from Substance Designer
4. Working with Maps from Substance Designer
5. Exporting Maps from Substance Painter
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.