Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the 3ds Max asset library, part of 3ds Max: Substance to Arnold.
- [Instructor] Another nice workflow feature…that has been added by Algorithmic…to the Substance for 3ds Max plugin…is the ability to use the 3ds Max Asset Library add-on…to both download and manage any Substance files…that we acquire from the Substance Source website.…Now just in case you aren't familiar…with either of the 3ds Asset Library…or with the Substance Source website,…let's just briefly touch on what they are,…starting with the Asset Library,…which essentially is a connected but separate program…from 3ds Max that gives us the ability…to quickly and easily access and manage 3D content…on both local and network storage drives…using this single viewing space.…
This can help make content, particularly Max content,…instantly searchable and, hopefully, findable.…Once located, we can decide how to work with an asset…in Max as we have the ability to add objects to a scene…using the XRef, Scene Merge, and Scene Replace options.…To open the Asset Library from inside 3ds Max,…all we need to do is come to the Content menu…
- Why should we use substances?
- Choosing a substance workflow
- Using Bitmap2Material in 3ds Max
- Building up your material
- Working with substances and maps from the Designer application
- Using a substance with Arnold
- Improving your substance results
- Exporting your map types
Skill Level Intermediate
Substance Painter 2016 Essential Trainingwith Wes McDermott5h 55m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
3ds Max: Rendering with Arnold (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 40m Intermediate
1. An Overview of the Substance Toolset
2. Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
3. Working with Substances from the Designer Application
4. Working with Maps from the Designer Application
5. Working with Maps from the Painter Application
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.