Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the 16-bit spec/gloss maps in V-Ray, part of 3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray.
- [Instructor] Having exported our substance graphs…from designer as both V-Ray centric spec gloss…and as default metal rough bitmap files,…time in this exercise to put them all to work…and see if the final render we get from them…in any way differs from the substance version…of the material that we worked with in the previous chapter.…Inside of 3ds Max then, let's open up…the material editor and in the wall tab,…select all of the nodes in the existing V-Ray material tree,…so not the physical material,…and then after holding down the shift key,…left click and drag to create copies of them all.…
Once done, we can select and right click…on just the V-Ray material node itself,…and then use the Move Tree to View command…to send these copies to the wall EXR's tab.…Jumping into that tab, the next thing…we will need to do is delete all…of the substance-related nodes that we have…so the substance and output map selectors,…after which, we can load in the EXR files…that we exported for the diffuse channel.…
Now, straightaway, if I just double click…
- What are substances and why should we use them?
- Choosing your substance workflow mode
- Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
- Loading the Bitmap2Material node into 3ds Max
- Building your material
- Working with substances from Substance Designer
- Working with maps from Substance Designer
- Exporting the map types
- Exporting maps from Substance Painter
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
1. Overview of Substance Based Tools
The substance toolset4m 9s
2. Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
3. Working with Substances from Substance Designer
4. Working with Maps from Substance Designer
5. Exporting Maps from Substance Painter
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.