In this video, George shows how to create physical lights inside KeyShot. He shows how to turn an object into a light source as well as into a point light.
- [Instructor] Now, there will be times…when image-based lighting just isn't enough.…You'll need a little bit more control…over your lighting.…And when this is the case,…we can always turn objects into lights.…So, here I have a basic scene…and let's go ahead and add some additional lighting.…Now, if you'll notice, the environment lighting…in this particular scene is mostly from the back.…And you can see we have a lot of shadows…along the front of this circular-shaped object.…But if we wanted some light coming from the front,…we could either add in light using the HDRI Editor…or we can create alight using an object.…
So I'm going to start off with this green rectangle here,…this green box.…And this has material on it called Material_04.…So I'm going to double-click on that.…And, as you can see, it has this Diffuse color.…Now, if we want, we can change that into a light…simply by changing the material type.…So if I select here under Material Type…and scroll down, you'll notice here we have Area Light,…Point Light, and Point Light IES.…
In this course, George Maestri helps you get started with KeyShot. George starts off by taking a look at the Keyshot interface and going over some of the basics. Next, he helps you get used to the workflow by showing how to create a simple render. He also digs into working with materials and lighting. To wrap up the course, George goes over how to animate with KeyShot.
- Navigating the KeyShot interface
- Configuring performance settings
- Managing the objects in a scene
- Importing assets into KeyShot
- Assigning and modifying materials
- Setting up the final render
- Creating materials
- Working with transparency and refractions
- Using objects as lights
- Creating a turntable animation
- Animating parts of objects
Skill Level Beginner
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
1. The KeyShot Interface
2. Create a Simple Render
3. Work with Materials
4. Lighting and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.