In this video, George shows how to work with Material Graphs in KeyShot. He shows how to create and connect material nodes in order to create complex materials.
- [Instructor] If we want to go a little bit deeper…into Materials, we can start to use…what's called the Material Graph,…now this is a note-based editor, that allows us…to visualize how our materials are constructed.…So let's take a look at this, I'm going to go…into my Materials tab over here, and let's make sure…we have Hard Shiny Plastic Red highlighted,…and that's the color for the cap of this bottle.…Now we can certainly edit this…by just changing the color here…or by adding in textures, if I click on this…I could certainly add in different types of textures,…but an easier way to do this is to use the Material Graph.…
Now I'm going to go ahead and just click here…to open this up, and as you can see,…we have a window, and that window can be zoomed…by rolling our middle mouse button,…and if we have multiple nodes,…we can navigate it by left-clicking and dragging.…Now I'm going to go ahead and close my Library tab here,…and then I'm just going to go ahead and just…move this over, so we can kind of see how this…
In this course, George Maestri helps you get started with KeyShot. George starts off by taking a look at the Keyshot interface and going over some of the basics. Next, he helps you get used to the workflow by showing how to create a simple render. He also digs into working with materials and lighting. To wrap up the course, George goes over how to animate with KeyShot.
- Navigating the KeyShot interface
- Configuring performance settings
- Managing the objects in a scene
- Importing assets into KeyShot
- Assigning and modifying materials
- Setting up the final render
- Creating materials
- Working with transparency and refractions
- Using objects as lights
- Creating a turntable animation
- Animating parts of objects
Skill Level Beginner
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
1. The KeyShot Interface
2. Create a Simple Render
3. Work with Materials
4. Lighting and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.