Create a polygon inside an existing polygon.
- [Instructor] To look at the polygon tools…in a little bit more depth,…let's switch back to this monitor…that we worked on earlier in the course.…And I've made some changes to it.…I've actually cut a hole with a Boolean…in the monitor stand…and I've also added a capsule primitive here…for the hinge.…Before we make any adjustments,…we want to make sure that the level of detail is appropriate…so select the monitor chassis,…getting close on the edges here…and turn on Edged Faces with F4…and we can see that we have too much detail in this case…just here in between these two positions…on our loft path.…
And we can fix that by going into the Modify panel…to the Loft Parameters…and just disabling Adaptive Path Steps.…And once that's off we get a better level of detail…on that object…and if we want to proceed with editing this…to create an inset polygon…in the front here,…then we need to convert the object…to an editable poly object.…I'm going to skip making the backup…just for the purposes of brevity.…
And let's just convert this directly to an editable poly.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.