Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Unwrapping the support arm, part of Game Art: Model & UV Map a Low Poly Character.
- [Instructor] By now the simple and yet very effective…unwrapping process that we've been using here…should be quite familiar to us,…and although we have somewhat raced through the…UV mapping process so as to keep the training…course within reasonable time constraints.…As we will see, once we get to the end product,…the results we get are very good…and with just a little more time can be made even better.…Let's start the unwrapping process for the support…arm then, by coming to the Modify tab and adding…UVW Map and unwrap UVW modifiers to our mesh.…
Let's press F4 to enable edged bases if they…are not already visible so that we can see what…we will be selecting, and then coming to edge…sub-object mode on our unwrap modifier.…We want to click to select the topmost edge right…in the center of our cylindrical extrusion…because then we can hit the loop command to…basically split our mesh's UV's in half and…create two separate clusters.…We want to make sure that the interior of the…support, so essentially where the piston arm…
- Gamma and scale
- Setting up a scene
- Creation and shaping
- Using symmetry modifiers
- UV mapping
- Using guide objects
- Detailing and finishing
- Refining a model
- Prepping a model
- Exporting a model
- Fixing issues
- Normal map baking
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Intermediate
1. Modeling and Unwrapping the Drive Wheel Assembly
2. Building and UV Mapping the Wheels and Tread
3. Creating and Mapping the Head
4. Modeling and UV Mapping the Piston Assembly
5. Final Modeling, FBX Export, and Normal Map Baking
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.